[Building Sakai] Debugging Javascript & Velocity

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Apr 26 02:08:05 PDT 2013

Hi Steve.

I must have something misconfigured. No trace of that WARN at all and
very few traces of Velocity in general. I have 306 log files since June
2012.

[csie at csie-server logs]$ pwd
/apps/tomcat/tomcat-c/logs

[csie at csie-server logs]$ ls -l *.log *.out |wc -l
306

[csie at csie-server logs]$ grep "CSRF" *

[csie at csie-server logs]$ grep "Velocity" *
catalina.out:2012-12-18 09:49:38,015  INFO pool-2-thread-1
org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.velocity.VelocityPortalRenderEngine -
Loaded portalvelocity.config
catalina.out:2012-12-18 09:49:52,484  INFO pool-2-thread-1
org.sakaiproject.login.impl.velocity.VelocityLoginRenderEngine - Loaded
loginvelocity.config
catalina.out:   at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.actionDispatch(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:749)
catalina.out:   at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.processAction(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:625)
catalina.out:   at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.doGet(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:1156)
catalina.out:   at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.actionDispatch(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:749)
catalina.out:   at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.processAction(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:625)
catalina.out:   at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.doGet(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:1156)
localhost.2012-12-27.log:       at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.processAction(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:678)
localhost.2012-12-27.log:       at
[...]
localhost.2013-04-10.log:       at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.updateState(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:335)
localhost.2013-04-10.log:       at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.doGet(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:1156)
localhost.2013-04-11.log:       at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.toolModeDispatch(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:429)
localhost.2013-04-11.log:       at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.doGet(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:1156)
localhost.2013-04-11.log:       at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.processAction(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:678)
localhost.2013-04-11.log:       at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.doGet(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:1156)

Thanks.
Best regards.

El 26/04/2013 10:19, Steve Swinsburg escribió:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> For the CSRF token mismatch, you'd see this in the logs:
>
> 2013-04-14 14:41:39,785  WARN http-8080-Processor16
> org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction - CSRF Token
> mismatched or missing on velocity action: doEvict; toolId=sakai.memory
>
> cheers,
> Steve
>
> On 26/04/2013, at 3:54 PM, Daniel Merino <daniel.merino at unavarra.es
> <mailto:daniel.merino at unavarra.es>> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Sam.
>>
>> As I said in my first email "no error is shown in Tomcat's logs".
>> This include, of course, catalina.out.
>>
>> The action of clicking does not write nothing in catalina.out. I have
>> not noticed neither warnings related to this issue in the logs when
>> starting Tomcat, but maybe I have not seen/understood them. Do you
>> know by chance how this warning looks like?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Best regards.
>>
>> El 25/04/2013 15:56, Sam Ottenhoff escribió:
>>>

>>>     Still I don't imagine how could I have detected this by my own
>>>     means, but at least it is solved. :-)
>>>

>>> Tailing your catalina.out should have printed a nice warning for you.
>>>
>>> tail -f logs/catalina.out
>>>

>> --
>> Daniel Merino Echeverría
>> daniel.merino at unavarra.es
>> Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
>> Tfno: 948-168489 - Universidad Pública de Navarra.

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
La amistad es hacer por otra persona lo que se haría por uno mismo.
(Anónimo)