[Building Sakai] JForum for 2.9 - missing remote maven repository?

Gast, Cynthia (cmw6s) cmw6s at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Apr 25 10:58:53 PDT 2013

Hello:

We are building a pre-release of JForum for 2.9.1, and have successfully built on one machine a few weeks ago.

Yesterday, tried to build the same on a different machine, and it seems that a needed remote maven repository is missing?  Or am I misunderstanding this error?
   From the below error, and after examining our local maven repository where the indicated pom is missing, I wonder if this repo is offline or removed ?
        http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2

[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.etudes:etudes-jforum-impl:${etudes.jforum.version} (/usr/local/sakai/sakai_2-9-x_dev/tools/jforum/jforum-impl/impl/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find org.etudes:etudes-jforum-base:pom:pom in http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 25, column 10 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]

Thanks for any feedback,
Cynthia Gast - UVa Sakai Development Team