[Building Sakai] Quartz Jobs that take parameters

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 02:11:58 PDT 2013

We did some jobs with parameters an stuck the bundle properties in shared.

So we deployed the bundle with our API (not really part of the API,
but easier than creating yet another maven project) and nested it
inside our package so it didn't clash.

uk/ac/ox/oucs/vle/Scheduler.properties

Then when we created the bean for the job:

<bean id="uk.ac.ox.oucs.vle.LocalJobWrapper"
  class="org.sakaiproject.component.app.scheduler.jobs.SpringConfigurableJobBeanWrapper"
  singleton="true" init-method="init">

  [..trimmed..]

  <property name="resourceBundleBase" value="uk.ac.ox.oucs.vle.Scheduler" />
</bean>

It all seems to work fine.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Maurer, Christopher Wayne
<chmaurer at iupui.edu> wrote:
> So, I've been tinkering with the new quartz jobs that can take parameters,
> and I might be having an issue with the message bundle part.
> The job that I happened to pick to play with is defined in a different
> module (not the job scheduler).  Is it able to read in the bundle from some
> other place, or does it have to be in the scheduler itself?  My gut is
> telling me that it has to be available to the scheduler tool so this won't
> work for jobs defined in some other module.
>
> Chris

  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford