[Building Sakai] 2.9.x / 2.9.x-all Build Failures

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Sun Apr 14 05:59:55 PDT 2013

>  To my understanding, any build that contains a “-x” is considered
> maintenance and ongoing with fixes. Hence, it isn’t guaranteed to always
> build successfully.

It's pretty rare that a 2.9.x branch doesn't build cleanly.  We've been
making quite a few merges of kernel code into 2.9.x in the last week, and
we did have some 2.9.x test failures during the week while working out
multiple merges, but my guess is that if you randomly pulled 2.9.x on 100
days, it would build cleanly on 99 of those days.  Our goal is to have
2.9.x build cleanly with zero test failures at all times.

>  After narrowing down a few build issues, it appears that there were
> kernel issues that was preventing me from successfully building. Is there
> any specific patches that I need to apply?

What test failed?  I couldn't tell from your screenshot.  What JDK are you
using to build?