[Building Sakai] sprited portal

David Adams da1 at vt.edu
Thu Apr 11 09:49:22 PDT 2013

I think this sounds like a good improvement that shouldn't affect other
skins in one way or the other. The old icons should probably stick around
piecemeal, or even better, a process should be included for spritifying a
set of custom icons to use in their place. But in general reducing 20+ HTTP
requests to 1 is a good thing, even if the 19 saved are lost amonst the
hundreds of thousands of others. Thank you Gonzalo, for bringing Sakai's
icon serving technology into the mid-2000s!

David Adams
Director, Systems Integration and Support
Virginia Tech Learning Technologies