[Building Sakai] 2.9 install

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Thu Apr 11 06:37:59 PDT 2013

Thanks.
I was imprecise; I did what you describe - I got a new Tomcat (7.0.21) and installed it, then unpacked a Sakai 2.9.1 into it, and configured by the instructions. I used 2.9.1 since that was what the install page pointed to, and the only binary I could find, and I thought dropping it in would be easier than trying a make from source. Also I wanted to be on the most  stable release, since I am still bumbling a bit with this.

Not sure what you refer to by "fixed version of those tools". Is 2.9.1 the latest/best binary available?

I'll do it all again, see if I made some error.

I do see that even regular tomcat pages give the Cookies errors, not just trying for /portal, not sure what that means.

Best,
Greg
From: Steve Swinsburg [mailto:steve.swinsburg at gmail.com]
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] 2.9 install

When you say you rolled back Tomcat, what did you do? You can just delete Tomcat, reconfigure it, and redeploy Sakai into is, is that what you did? Also, 2.9.x should have the fixed versions of those tools already, 2.9.1 does not.

cheers,
Steve