[Building Sakai] installing 2.8

Nguni Phakela nguni52 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 00:28:51 PDT 2013

Dear All,

I have installed sakai 2.8 many a times and have not run into any problems.
However, when I tried to install this time around, on a new machine, I see
this error in the logs:

create table ASN_AP_ITEM_ACCESS_T (ID bigint not null auto_increment,
ITEM_ACCESS varchar(255), ASN_AP_ITEM_ID bigint not null, primary key (ID),
unique (ITEM_ACCESS, ASN_AP_ITEM_ID)) type=InnoDB;

Unsuccessful schema statement: create table ASN_AP_ITEM_ACCESS_T (ID bigint
not null auto_increment, ITEM_ACCESS varchar(255), ASN_AP_ITEM_ID bigint
not null, primary key (ID), unique (ITEM_ACCESS, ASN_AP_ITEM_ID))
type=InnoDB
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: You have an error in
your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
version for the right syntax to use near 'type=InnoDB' at line 1
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:936)

Is there a minimum version of mysql I need to use? What could be the
problem?

Kind Regards,

--
Nguni Phakela