[Building Sakai] Portal chat problems in cluster envr

Tania Tritean TTritean at loi.nl
Wed Apr 10 01:48:24 PDT 2013

Hello,

Indeed, multicast is disabled in our case. We will try some other configuration for the chat.

Do you know if the fact the multicast is disabled can cause some critical issues in cluster envr regarding the EhCache?
We already noticed some problems regarding the EhCache (because of the fact that we disabled multicast) in profile2,
but I know that a lot of data is cached in sakai like assignments data, OSP data, sites, users etc.
Since the caches from different nodes are not I synch can this cause some critical issues?

Is there a way to configure the EhCache in cluster envr without enabling multicast? (As far as I read not, but maybe somebody knows something about this)

Regards,

Tania