[Building Sakai] installing 2.9 - sakai.properties missing.

David Adams da1 at vt.edu
Tue Apr 9 20:15:07 PDT 2013

This is unhelpful advice. The default values are worthless for anything but demo use on a local machine.

My advice is to work through the full properties file and copy out the settings you need to change (database settings, public URL, file paths) into a local.properties file and place that into the sakai.home directory (tomcat/sakai by default).

Using your 2.8 file as a starting point is probably relatively safe, however. That's basically what we did.

-dave