[Building Sakai] Playing with the Sakai Mailing List Data

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Mon Apr 8 05:47:43 PDT 2013

On Apr 8, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:

> Now all we need are prizes! Or a metric of message quality ;)
>
> cheers,
> Steve

I can now do lots of fun text analysis like this:

Top 10 People using smile emoticons in an email

csev at umich.edu 25
azeckoski at unicon.net 21
ieb at tfd.co.uk 16
david.horwitz at uct.ac.za 12
swgithen at mtu.edu 11
caseyd1 at stanford.edu 9

Note: This is my smile detection circuitry:

':)' in body or ';)' in body or ":-)" in body or ';-)' in body

There were only three messages that used a sad emoticon and they all came from one person.  Proof left to the reader :)

/Chuck