[Building Sakai] Melete 2.9 Oracle issue (w/ possible fix)

Adams, David da1 at vt.edu
Fri Apr 5 12:58:51 PDT 2013

I just wanted to alert anyone using Melete 2.9 and Oracle, that there's a SQL statement with a MySQL-only keyword in ModuleDB.java as of 2.9 that prevented at least some functionality from working. The tell-tale log statement, for what it's worth, was "java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected". The "fix" such as it is was to remove the "straight_join" keyword from two SQL statements in ModuleDB.java. Since Melete is not in the community JIRA, I'm reporting this here and attaching the patch we've used to address the problem.

-dave