[Building Sakai] Preference tool problem

Vijaykumar Sadupally UdcsWeb at unisa.ac.za
Fri Sep 28 06:10:44 PDT 2012

This message (and attachments) is subject to restrictions and a disclaimer. Please refer to http://www.unisa.ac.za/disclaimer for full details.
________________________________

Hi

I am a developer at Unisa where the following problem is reported on the  Preference tool : an option like reorder is changed and saved, showing a successful update message; but with the next login the revised order and changes are missing, all back to the default. There was no JIRA for this problem. We created one.

We are running Sakai 2.8. The problem only occurs for the student role. It works 100% for the instructor role. We can easily simulate it on our Production machine, but cannot recreate it on our development server. We did redeploy the tool on Production, but it made no difference.

Has anybody else experienced such a problem? Any advice to fix it?

Regards
Mankoe