[Building Sakai] Assignment API

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Sep 26 13:22:45 PDT 2012

It's missing from Sakai 2.8. It's a feature that was added in Sakai 2.9.
(Currently only released in beta, but expected to be released in October)

Each new version of Sakai adds new features, a lot of these are around the
external interfaces as much effort was put into these. The external
interfaces for a major version (like Sakai 2.8) are not compatible with the
next version (Sakai 2.9)

You could build Sakai from source, find where it was added and patch it
back, but this is usually considerable development work.