[Building Sakai] Errors in Forum usage statistics?

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Wed Sep 26 06:14:59 PDT 2012

We have noticed reported some sitestats errors we were getting where forum posts and responses were too high. I checked and the database and report agree, but both are way too high for actual forum traffic.

We saw this in 2.7 and also after an upgrade to 2.8.
I did some analysis and submitted it on Jira (MSGCNTR-723) with some data documenting the situation.

One observation was that it seemed to be adding in forums.read events to the forum.responses which made them too high. Why the post stats are too high I could not find any pattern.

I wonder if anyone else has seem this type of problem?