[Building Sakai] How to create course roster using web-service call

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Sep 25 07:31:46 PDT 2012

I'm not entirely sure and I don't think anything like that has been written
as a webservice.

I think you're going to have to use the group provider
private org.sakaiproject.authz.api.GroupProvider groupProvider =
(org.sakaiproject.authz.api.GroupProvider)
ComponentManager.get(org.sakaiproject.authz.api.GroupProvider.class);

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/kernel/trunk/api/src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/authz/api/GroupProvider.java

But how the id's are packed/unpacked and stored, I'm not sure. Some
examples of code might be in site-manage package where this is done already
but you'll have to research unless someone else knows the answer.