[Building Sakai] Long pause in Sakai startup (2.8.x)

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Sep 20 06:46:07 PDT 2012

Perhaps if you caught a thread dump while it was waiting there (kill -QUIT
process_id) or interrupted it with a debugger you could have more
information about what it's doing. I'd bet it isn't stopped for nothing.

I feel this is something I've seen or patched before, I just don't remember
the context without more information. I remember there were some things
that would check to see if conversions were ran, or in the case of
evaluations I think it would scan all the database tables to see if it
needed to do pre-population that would occasionally cause slowdowns. Either
way a dump might give you more insight?