[Building Sakai] FW: T&Q reaction times?

David Minugh David.Minugh at English.su.se
Thu Sep 20 05:32:22 PDT 2012

 More info on this issue:
Version:  Powered by Sakai<http://sakaiproject.org> - Mondo 2.8.1-su04 - (c) 2007-2012 Stockholms universitet - Server mondo-prod-app15
Forgot to add that here at SU there doesn't seem to be much action with T&Q, so that I can't actually vouch for it always being this slow for all users.
 However, I've made noises locally, and our Sakai people have never said, "Oh, it's just your account that has those problems" . That was the case for my Sakai login (which is tied into our university LDAP etc) until I discovered that if I logged in on two tabs in the same Firefox browser, the second request took less than a second, while the first took over a minute every time, a behavior that seemed unique to a handful of SU individuals. That problem disappeared with our latest major release, but it's at least theoretically possible that that delay in my login is still lurking somewhere in what happens when I ask for a DB update, which is why I wish I had data from other Stockholm University T&Q users.
But I don't know of any others here using similar question pools, and as noted, no admin word that this behavior I'm seeing is exceptional.
Yrs,

David C. Minugh                                                                  E-mail: David.Minugh at english.su.se
Director of Studies                                                               Tel: (+46) 8 16 36 11
English Department                                                                    Cell phone: (+46) 70 - 23 14 777
Stockholm University                                                            Office: E 877, Frescati