[Building Sakai] Site Cache issue with blti?

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Fri Sep 14 10:14:26 PDT 2012

Just an fyi, https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/BLTI-182 is a patch to address this if you happen to be running in this scenario.

Chris

From: Charles Severance <csev at umich.edu<mailto:csev at umich.edu>>
Date: Monday, September 3, 2012 10:27 AM
To: Chris Maurer <chmaurer at iupui.edu<mailto:chmaurer at iupui.edu>>
Cc: Sakai-Dev Developers <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org<mailto:sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>>
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] Site Cache issue with blti?

Thanks - I would never have figured that out :)

/Chuck

On Aug 31, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Maurer, Christopher Wayne wrote:

Just to follow up on this, in case anyone is interested, it's probably going to be an IU specific problem!
We developed and implemented quite a while ago the ability to split out our domains and have all resource content served up through separate nodes in our cluster.
Well, for basiclti, it uses the access servlet to provide it's content.  So, for us, that meant that it was going to a different node in our cluster for that frame content.  Well, the site cache hadn't been updated on that other node yet following the site save, so when the tool goes to look up it's placement, it's not in the cache, hence the error.

Chris