[Building Sakai] Creating Groups

Raad Al-Rawi Raad.Al-Rawi at admin.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 14 09:01:14 PDT 2012

Hello All

I'm trying to replicate a number of sites from one instance of Sakai to another. The sites have a number of groups defined within them, and I need both the site ids and group ids to remain the same from one instance to the other.
I can copy the sites using site archive/import and preserve the siteid; but this process does not copy groups =(
Plus there does not seem to be a way (other than doing some somewhat hairy sql scripts) to create a group using a given groupid.

Anyone had any experience with this? Bright ideas welcomed!

Cheers

Raad

~~
Raad Al-Rawi
CamTools Operations Analyst
University of Cambridge

Management Information Services Division
Greenwich House
Madingley Rise
Cambridge
CB3 0TX