[Building Sakai] is it possible? Teaching assistance CRUD permission set some tools?

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Sep 5 11:49:18 PDT 2012

Yes, that is key. Do you need this just for one site, or for all sites? For one site it is relatively easy to do.  For all sites, it is easy to do for all sites to be created in the Future. If you want to apply to a large number, or all, of the Existing sites, then it gets to be a bit more of a pain, because permissions are applied as a snapshot in time to the site when it is created. Therefore somebody would have to update the existing sites through one of : database statement, APIs (if possible, I'm not sure), manually (which isn't feasible if you have a lot of sites already existing).

Does anybody know if there is a good place for documentation on how to use permissions and Realms?

-- Neal