[Building Sakai] SiteService.getSiteSkin and neoportal

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 08:05:46 PDT 2012

Hi Aaron,

I don't know if there is a JIRA.

This isn't changed behaviour; I think it's always behaved like that. I've
basically migrated a 2.8 db to 2.9.x and set all of our explicitly skinned
sites to blank skins. In other words they should get the default now and in
most cases they do perfectly well. The problem lies with tool logic that
calls getSiteSkin and expects to get something other than null, which, in a
system where a default skin always applies, seems reasonable. I've only
spotted this since removing the explicit skins from sites.

Obviously, there would be ramifications for tools that handle the
possibility of null being returned if getSiteSkin respected the default
skin and returned it.

Cheers,
Adrian.