[Building Sakai] SiteService.getSiteSkin and neoportal

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 07:16:41 PDT 2012

When setSiteSkin is called it returns null if a skin has not been
explicitly set on a site. Is this the expected behaviour? Shouldn't it
return the name of the default skin as set by the skin.default property?
Shouldn't it also prefix the skin with 'neo-' if 'portal.templates=neoskin'
is set?

The reason I'm asking is that I've always depended on getSiteSkin returning
the actual skin name that is in use; now I've stopped explicitly specifying
skins on sites, tools like YAFT, CLOG and ROSTER2 don't get styled. It
seems odd having to implement logic in a tool to massage the skin
appropriately when it could happen in getSiteSkin. SiteStats also
implements some logic to sort the skin name out.

I've attached a patch which mods BaseSiteService in the way I describe.

Cheers,
Adrian.