[Building Sakai] Portfolio Matrix Entries Don't Show

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 3 16:07:57 PDT 2012

The dump came from 2.8.0, which is why we built that environment rather
than a more recent build.  There were one or two DB table
inconsistencies which I resolved.  The only one I couldn't fix was:

WARN main
org.sakaiproject.springframework.orm.hibernate.AddableSessionFactoryBean
- Unsuccessful schema statement: alter table osp_scaffolding add index FK651
35779C73F84BD (id), add constraint FK65135779C73F84BD foreign key (id)
references osp_workflow_parent (id)
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException:
Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails
(`sau53`.<result 2 when explaining filename
  '#sql-6dc_1c3'>, CONSTRAINT `FK65135779C73F84BD` FOREIGN KEY (`id`)
REFERENCES `osp_workflow_parent` (`id`))

This is troubling because the new constraint isn't satisfied by the
existing data.  Normally such a constraint would be in place before data
was added to osp_scaffolding.  Not much I can do about it now, though.
I don't think this has much to do with a Matrix, though I could be wrong.

- Mark