[Building Sakai] Fwd: Sakai 2.9 and JSF

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Oct 29 12:22:05 PDT 2012

Have Horwitz was working on an experiment for Syllabus for JSF 2
(SAK-22542) and there was some discussion on (SAK-20086) but as of yet no
significant work was done. Some of this was back because we were still on
tomcat 5.5 and it needed a new servlet spec. Sakai 2.9 still *supports*
Tomcat 5.5. Most likely Sakai 2.10 will require Tomcat 7+.

So I believe that if you were writing a new tool locally and were on Tomcat
7, you could get it to work, but *might* need to put some effort into the
Sakai JSF tool and widgets, so it's non trivial.

These jar's aren't in shared, local to the webapp. Dave (or someone else)
would know more about this than me though, but I'm guessing nothing has
changed since the discussion on SAK-20086.