[Building Sakai] Gradebook Allowing TA to Import Grades for there Section without showing Permissions Menu Item

Mike Jennings mike_jennings at unc.edu
Mon Oct 29 08:17:26 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have been trying to make this happen with realm settings with no luck,
and figure that I am just doing something wrong so I wanted to throw
this question out to the community.

First we are running Sakai 2.8.1 on MySQL 5.5.  I would like to provide
TA's the ability to import grades for the sections that they are in into
sakai using the "Import Grades" menu item.  The issue I am having is
that because the gradebook.userAbleToEditAssessments realm option has to
be set to do this, both "Permission Settings" which I don't want them to
see, and "Import Grades" both show up.  Is there a way to make it only
show the "Import Grades" option?

Thanks,

Mike Jennings

Mike Jennings