[Building Sakai] missing build artifact 'kernel-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom' ?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Oct 26 13:23:07 PDT 2012

You can change lesson builder to use your pure-poms (2.8.4). The problem is
that if you don't modify the pom.xml it references a 2.9-SNAPSHOT purepoms
which has reference to a 2.9 (1.3.0-SNAPSHOT) kernel which was old and
would even be incorrect for your 2.8 instance.

We could possibly fix this and re-release but chances are Lessons would
break anyway using a newer kernel with older sources.

The last kernel with the version 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT was back near revision
99838 over a year ago. You could deploy this to your local repository. Or
even just take a new 1.3-SNAPSHOT kernel and change the version. Though
neither of these would be great ideas.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn?view=revision&revision=99838

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 4:08 PM, Gast, Cynthia (cmw6s) <
cmw6s at eservices.virginia.edu> wrote:

>  Thanks Matthew,
>
> Unfortunately, we are well established now with our 2.8.1 Production code,
> and we build all source locally, including kernel (1.2.6) and pure-poms
> (2.8.4) -- both released versions at the time we were upgrading.  Updating
> to newer versions is probably not an option for us at this point in time,
> which also entails a fair amount of local changes for us in all areas of
> the code, and testing of all the changes.
>
> We were working on our 2.8.1 upgrade earlier this year, Jan through June,
> and the 'kernel-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom' artifact was available from the
> maven2-snapshots location in March 2012 when I first built lessonbuilder.
>
> I may have misread the 2012-10-09 email from David, but it seemed he is
> willing to put snapshots back that anyone is still referencing.    Sure
> would be nice to get that artifact back, but if not possible, we can copy
> from our local maven repository to include what's now missing, and put it
> on our new build machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Cindy @ UVa
>

>  ------------------------------

>>> Downloading:
>>> http://www2.caret.cam.ac.uk/maven2/org/sakaiproject/kernel/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/kernel-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
>>> [INFO] Unable to find resource
>>> 'org.sakaiproject:kernel:pom:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository CARET-Maven2 (
>>> http://www2.caret.cam.ac.uk/maven2)
>>> Downloading:
>>> https://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2/org/sakaiproject/kernel/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/kernel-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
>>> [INFO] Unable to find resource
>>> 'org.sakaiproject:kernel:pom:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository
>>> Sakaiproject-Maven2 (https://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2)
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2-snapshots/org/sakaiproject/kernel/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/kernel-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
>>> [INFO] Unable to find resource
>>> 'org.sakaiproject:kernel:pom:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository
>>> sakai-maven2-snapshots (http://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2-snapshots)
>>> Downloading:
>>> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/sakaiproject/kernel/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/kernel-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
>>> [INFO] Unable to find resource
>>> 'org.sakaiproject:kernel:pom:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository
>>> sonatype-nexus-snapshots (
>>> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots)
>>> [WARNING] Skipping jpp repository file:///usr/share/maven2/repository in
>>> vanilla mode
>>> Downloading:
>>> file:///usr/share/maven/repository/JPP/maven2/default_poms/org.sakaiproject-kernel.pom
>>> [INFO] Unable to find resource
>>> 'org.sakaiproject:kernel:pom:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository __jpp_repo2__
>>> (file:///usr/share/maven/repository)
>>> Downloading:
>>> file:///usr/share/maven-poms/JPP/maven2/default_poms/org.sakaiproject-kernel.pom
>>> [INFO] Unable to find resource
>>> 'org.sakaiproject:kernel:pom:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository __jpp_pom_repo__
>>> (file:///usr/share/maven-poms)