[Building Sakai] CKEditor behavior observations in Samigo

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 07:37:40 PDT 2012

My local solution here was to modify chat.js to check for IE.

At the end of chat.js I now have:

if (typeof sessionStorage !== 'undefined' && typeof JSON !== 'undefined' &&
!$.browser.msie) {
  var portalChat = new PortalChat();
  $(document).ready(function() {
    $('#footerAppChat').show();
    $('#pc_chat_window_container').show();
  });
}

... and in portalchat.css I set #pc_chat_window_container to display: none

Obviously this is a sort term solution and not one I'd like to commit to
the trunk, but for the moment it does the job whilst encouraging people to
move to a non-rancid web browser.

Cheers,
Adrian.