[Building Sakai] poms and building with explicit profiles

Sanghyun Jeon euksa99 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:14:29 PDT 2012

I successfully installed, deployed evalaution (1.4.0)  with hierarch
(1.2.6) yesterday.
After tomcat start up, I even set the permission and created admin
evalaution.
Today, I added timeline tool into sakai 2.8.x, and successfully built and
deployed. However, tomcat startup failed:

 ERROR main org.sakaiproject.util.NoisierDefaultListableBeanFactory -
Failed to preinstantiate the singleton named
org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.impl.entityprovider.EntityProviderAutoRegistrar.
Destroying all Spring beans.
bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.entitybroker.impl.entityprovider.EntityProviderAutoRegistrar'
defined in file
[/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/components/entitybroker-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]:
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.entity.AssignGroupEntityProvider'
defined in file
[/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/components/sakai-evaluation-pack/WEB-INF/entity-providers.xml]:
Cannot resolve reference to bean
'org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.EvalEvaluationSetupService' while
setting bean property 'evaluationSetupService'; nested exception is
bean with name
'org.sakaiproject.evaluation.logic.EvalEvaluationSetupService' defined in
file
[/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.28/components/sakai-evaluation-pack/WEB-INF/components.xml]:
Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean

timeline was built and deploy under timeline folder
I checked generic-dao version (0.9.18), entitybroker (1.4.5)..
Still I got the same error result.

The only changes I did were:
change pom.xml of hierarchy and evalaution for match parent version
<parent>
        <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
        <artifactId>master</artifactId>
        <version>2.8-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </parent>
and add module evaluation at base pom.xml
<module>evaluation</module>

I don't see any class conflict, but I might miss some.
Is there anybody educating me, what should do in order to resovle this
issue?

Sanghyun