[Building Sakai] A Sensitive Subject

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Mon Oct 15 14:19:15 PDT 2012

Right, but it 's a recommendation and not a requirement.  Until it's a
requirement, referring to a table in opposite case in a conversion script
should be marked as a release blocker.

The argument against making it a requirement: we have enough requirements
to run CLE.  We actually were able to drop two previously-required
JAVA_OPTS from 2.8 to 2.9 so are headed in the right direction of making
CLE easier to run.

Why can't some institutions easily change a database property?  Because
they run central DB servers managed by DBAs and lowercase table names can't
be set on a per-database level.

--Sam