[Building Sakai] Attachments persist after containing tool and even site have been removed.

Francois Campbell francois at opencollab.co.za
Mon Oct 15 08:14:23 PDT 2012

Good day.

We have the following scenario:

   1. An assignment is created attachment only submissions with a project
   site.
   2. Student complete the assignments.
   3. Assignments are graded.
   4. At some point the assignment will be removed. At this point we wanted
   to ascertain whether the attached files would be removed with the
   assignments.

My tests have some that the files persist after the assignment has been
removed. (Files also persist after the site has been removed, tomcat
restarted etc.)

My question is this the desired behaviour or is there something I am
missing ( configuration option, a scheduled garbage process etc. )

We have moved our content store outside of the default web apps location.

ENV.
--------
Sakai 2.8.2
MySql 5.5