[Building Sakai] A Sensitive Subject

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Oct 12 07:04:27 PDT 2012

If you're running Mysql on Non-OSX UNIX, then by default the table names
are case sensitive.

In the admin guide we recommend altering the Mysql configuration so it
isn't case sensitive which is the default value for OSX and Windows (
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Database+Configuration+and+Tuning)
 but it should work either way. All hard coded queries, conversion scripts
as well as Mysql QA servers are set to be case sensitive