[Building Sakai] Currently Broken dependency in 2.9. rc 01

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Oct 1 10:23:40 PDT 2012

There shouldn't be any snapshot jars, but not all of the jars are in maven
central repository. Some jars like the org.azeckoski, org.etudes and
uk.org.ponder (and possibly others just our ancient JSF) are only in the
Sakai Project Repo. (Or possibly only in the caret repo, though those
should all be in the Sakai repo)

Most of them are probably in /org
https://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2/org/

There might also be others that aren't deployed yet. These have to be
manually deployed by someone who has commit access to whichever repository
they are in and a free account on maven central. It's not super difficult
(some pom editing on each project) but it is time consuming. We'd need to
have a clean local repo, remove all <repositories> blocks from all poms and
see what happens when it builds, then keep deploying each missing artifact.

It's suggested that this is a bad thing [1], but it's the most convenient
and it was the long term practice until I started moving artifacts for 2.9
into maven central.

[1]
http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/02/why-putting-repositories-in-your-poms-is-a-bad-idea/