[Building Sakai] Spell Check in Discussions and Private Messages tool freezing in IE9

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Nov 27 12:52:49 PST 2012

Hi William,

There is no Spell Check turned on by default in Sakai CLE 2.9 -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19538 , instead relying on browser
spell checker capability. Which spell check capability are you referring
to? Also not sure exactly which tools you mean by Discussions (Forums
tool?) and Private Messages (Messages tool?).

Cheers,

Neal

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:15 PM, William Karavites <
willkara at oit.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Currently for us whenever someone tries to run SpellCheck in the
> Discussions and Private Messages tool in Internet Explorer 9, the entire
> site freezes and you have to exit out. It works on every other browser,
> just not IE9.
>

> I have attached a screenshot of what the debugger in IE9 pops out when
> trying to run spellcheck. I am not sure yet if that is what is causing the
> problem, or that just always happens.
>
> No errors pop up when trying to run it on Chrome or FF.
>
> ------------------------------------
> William Karavites
> Application Programmer
> OIT/OIRT- Rutgers University