[Building Sakai] Announcements groups

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 05:27:22 PST 2012

Hi Mark,

They use channels. You can get the channels associated with a site then get the messages within each channel. The annc entity provider has a bunch of pretty easy to read code that goes off and gets the messages for channels via the announcement service:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//announcement/trunk/announcement-tool/tool/src/java/org/sakaiproject/announcement/entityprovider/AnnouncementEntityProviderImpl.java

Hope it helps.

cheers,
Steve