[Building Sakai] Critical issues on timed assessments

Raul Sanchez Vegas raulsv at um.es
Fri Nov 23 01:27:17 PST 2012

Hi all

I haven't been able to reproduce the first issue on
http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082.

I think that both issues can be summarized on one issue. I'm going to
give a better example to reproduce this issue:

1. Instructor creates the 1 minute-timed assessment called "Timed
Assessment" (attached to this mail) and publishes it.
2. Student takes the assessment at 11:00:00.
3. At 11:00:55 (5 seconds before the time expires) student moves to
another tool - i.e.: Messages.
4. At 11:01:05 (5 seconds after the time has expired) student goes back
to the assessment's tool  and takes the assessment again. The student
will see the attached image on screen: "image1.jpg" (attached to this
email). So the student is able to answer the questions for a few seconds
and he is able to submit the assessment.

I think that the problem is on the 4th step: When a student goes back to
the assessment's tool 5 seconds after time has expired, he is able to
take the assessment again. I think that this exam should not be
available for that student.

This might sound weird but we had a similar case last week in a
assessment that was taken by 300 students.

Regards
Raúl