[Building Sakai] LTI ease of use

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 03:44:35 PST 2012

Is there a way of showing the configured LTI tools in the Site Info tool
list, under the configured name? For instance, Panopto as 'Lecture Videos'?

I know you view lti tools by configured name in Lessons but it would be
good to just be able to add it as any other tool with zero configuration.
The way the consumer currently works is the same as core Moodle's, unless
I'm barking up the wrong tree, and will eventually just generate lots of
load on Sakai admins as they add Basic LTI tools to sites. Basiclti4moodle
makes things a lot easier as staff can just pick the activity as any other.

I can imagine this being a fair bit of work but it needs to happen if
Sakai's going to be a serious consumer of LTI providers.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Adrian.