[Building Sakai] 2.9: How to cut a custom release

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Fri Nov 16 23:51:15 PST 2012

Hi All,

Here is the case we run a custom msub branch of Samigo - effectively we
msub a later version (in 2.8 we ran sam 2.9 and in 2.9 it will likely be
based on 2.10) that include new features we're contributing back. We
reversion this (2.10.0-UCT) and cut regular releases from our jenkins
build. The reversioning and cutting stable releases are required parts
of our deployment in order to ensure that the correct code is deployed
and to track changes etc.

OK now in 2.9 we have to inherit from master - this causes problems
because the released master defines versions for samigo api jars that
are incorrect causing the build to fail. I can see no reliable way round
this other than having a UCT release of master for every Samigo build (a
master that would only be used for release purposes) am I missing
something here?