[Building Sakai] Tomcat 7 and Sakai 2.9

David Haines dlhaines at umich.edu
Thu Nov 15 11:15:43 PST 2012

Has anyone noticed increased CPU consumption running Sakai 2.9 under Tomcat
7?  In early testing we've seen a noticeable increase in CPU usage.  The
funny thing is that there seem to be no clear indication of what processing
is going on.  The response times are roughly similar to 2.7.2.  We've
looked at thread dumps and see no threads showing up suspiciously often.
 Garbage collection seems roughly the same as in 2.7.2.  We had elevated db
CPU levels at first but we turned off some of the new db access during
login and DB server cpu dropped to expected levels, but the app server cpu
stays high.

Any thoughts appreciated.

- Dave