[Building Sakai] sakai-2.9.x-all build broken

David Adams da1 at vt.edu
Thu Nov 15 07:37:46 PST 2012

I'm not sure who to contact about this, but currently the sakai-2.9.x-all branch isn't building against a fresh maven repo, as the master pom's sakai.warehouse.version setting is 2.9.1-SNAPSHOT, but the warehouse pom's version is 2.9-SNAPSHOT. It was an easy fix, but probably something that should be tweaked.

Problems like this make me wonder: is there any reason there's not a sakai-2.9.0-all tag that includes the exact kernel and indie source code tags? The sakai-2.9.x-all branch is fine for development work, but for deployment, I think the release tag is a safer starting point, but lots of schools are, essentially, making their own sakai-2.9.0-all branch locally so that they can build all of the source, so it would save us a LOT of time if that were one of the artifacts generated by the release process.

-dave
--
David Adams
Director, Learning Systems Integration and Support