[Building Sakai] Tool request:Virtual Programming Lab

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 21:54:10 PST 2012

I've actually had this same request some time ago. Many compsci faculties have this ability where students login (was via SSH at the time), can build and run their app and capture the commands and output into a script that is then submitted along with the assignment, so the instructor doesn't need to.

What about one of those terminal apps that run via a java applet that many hosting providers give you, and then launch onto a (different) server? Then all you need is the tool wrapper around the applet, and the server to point it to. You could then configure the server however you like, for security.

cheers,
Steve