[Building Sakai] SiteStats leaking memory?

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 14 03:04:10 PST 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Matthew Buckett
<matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> While looking through a heap dump I've got:
>
> org.sakaiproject.sitestats.impl.event.EventRegistryServiceImpl.toolEventIds
>
> as an list containing 7.6 million items, all of them a event string,
> it looks like ever single event is ending up in this list, it's only
> eating up 61MB, but still it's a little worrying. We're running
> Sitestats 2.2.1, but the code doesn't look very different in trunk.

Ok, so it's not capturing every event, due to YourKit's display of the
underlying array I was misreading it. Actually it's appending
pres.being every time it processes an event.

Filed as:

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/STAT-332

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford