[Building Sakai] WebDav Connection

Wolfgang Rohregger Wolfgang.Rohregger at mci.edu
Tue Nov 13 11:02:41 PST 2012

Hi,

there is another, more "obscure" way to get Windows to work with WebDAV. If the port number, e.g. ":443", is appended to the WebDAV URL Windows Explorer is forced to use some specific (and working) implementation of its WebDAV handlers. At least this applies to Windows XP.

To include the port number in every WebDAV site URL we modified the file

content/content-tool/tool/src/webapp/vm/content/chef_resources_webdav.vm

after line 80.

Cheers,

Wolfgang