[Building Sakai] Images in emails sent to a site

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue Nov 13 00:14:24 PST 2012

Hi, Steve.

We have had lots of complaints about this issue since a long time ago,
but it seems that it won't be fixed:

IMHO, parseParts function at SakaiMailet.java should be configurable for
each site to enable/disable attachments.

In the end, we tell all our users to use Private Messages with email cc
always that they need to send an HTML mail with images. It would be far
easier to use Mail Archive to do this if it were supported, but it is not.

Best regards.

Steve Swinsburg escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> How are you all handling emails that people send to a site that might contain images? Currently those get pulled out and turned into links so the original email is totally messed up. And then to view any images the user needs to login.
>
> This is especially so when someone receives an email, decides it might be useful for all members of a site, forwards it, but then the message is ruined.
>
> I wonder if the original email should just be maintained with any attachments left as is. for the purposes of archiving, they can continue to be pulled out and stored in CHS, but IMO the original email should be left untouched. This would mean the tool is more like a normal mailing list.
>
> How do others manage this?
>
> cheers,
> Steve

Daniel Merino Echeverría
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Pelearé hasta el último segundo y mi epitafio será: No estoy de acuerdo.
(Joaquín Sabina)