[Building Sakai] Sakai Course Management - Course Site participant list

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Tue Nov 6 05:20:20 PST 2012

On 11/06/2012 03:15 PM, Aaron Zeckoski wrote:
> The first initial upload of this file, will create all the users in the file
> as Sakai users. The problem we now have is that when a user already exist in
> Sakai, and we make changes to the upload file (for example, adding more
> users to the Course Management data), the Site participant list does not
> reflect the new users that I added, only when clicking on the button "Update
> Participants", the new users are added to the participant list. I thought
> that they would have been added automatically or is this not the case?

Realm memberships are cached as they are expensive to calculate on the
fly. The get updated in 2 ways:

- when the realm is saved (as in your example) - members of that realm
- when a user logs in - that users memberships

We have a quartz job that saves the realms of all current course sites
during the night ...