[Building Sakai] SAM-775 duplicate cleanup doesn't clean up all duplicates

D. Stuart Freeman stuart.freeman at et.gatech.edu
Thu May 31 09:25:49 PDT 2012

I'm trying to upgrade our 2.5 CLE instance to 2.8 and in testing the
migration I'm unable to run:

create UNIQUE INDEX ASSESSMENTGRADINGID ON SAM_ITEMGRADING_T
(ASSESSMENTGRADINGID, PUBLISHEDITEMID, PUBLISHEDITEMTEXTID, AGENTID,
PUBLISHEDANSWERID);

Due to duplicate entries. I've run the sam_clean_duplicate_responses.plsql
from SAM-775 but running:

SELECT PUBLISHEDITEMID,AGENTID,PUBLISHEDANSWERID,ASSESSMENTGRADINGID FROM
SAM_ITEMGRADING_T
GROUP BY PUBLISHEDITEMID,AGENTID,PUBLISHEDANSWERID,ASSESSMENTGRADINGID
HAVING COUNT(PUBLISHEDITEMID) > 1
ORDER BY PUBLISHEDITEMID DESC

Still gives me 2,629 rows, and of course I still can't create the unique

Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas for how to further trim the
duplicates?

--
D. Stuart Freeman
Georgia Institute of Technology