[Building Sakai] Whay are these Profile2 settings not the default in Sakai 2.9 and later out of the box?

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Mon May 28 23:15:29 PDT 2012

On May 29, 2012, at 1:40 AM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:

> That said, it could just be turned on and defaulted to URL, then the out of the box functionality would be that user would get the option to choose their official image as well as being able to upload one of their choosing, but they wouldn't have one so it would just show the default.
>
> The full swag of settings are documented here:
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/PROFILE/Profile2-Settings

The options all make a lot of sense because each school will have lots of rules about these pictures based on possibilities, policies, etc.

I just think that the default out of the box should have profile pictures showing up in roster as there is no other source of profile pictures in the OOTB version of Sakai.

I am sure lots of schools turn off profile altogether, and turn off half a dozen of these things to get privacy the way they want it.   But at least OOTB it should show the fun features without the need to enable properties that folks might never find :)

/Chuck