[Building Sakai] ICODEON integration little patch

Diego del Blanco Orobitg diego.delblanco at samoo.es
Mon May 28 03:28:01 PDT 2012

Hi to all:

As this is an Icodeon integration issue, I’m not sure about if create a Jira
or not. Anyway, I put all the info here and if rSmart people want to review
it and create the Jira, then perfect.

The problem is complex, the solution is really simple.

There is a way (discussed in other mails) for creating a hidden folder in
resources with access for the students. So the teacher can put some content
there and put links in other places that work for students, but students
don’t know the existence of the folder. This is done creating a hidden
folder, and inside a normal folder with read hidden permissions to students
or any role you want you want to allow to read this.

HIDDEN FOLDER

--------NORMAL FOLDER (content.hidden granted)

-------------------All the files you want to link from outside

We have done a repository site with .auth access to store some hundreds of
scorm content (free for the users) so the teachers can link to them in any
site and this will work for all the users. But we don’t want user to
navigate by the hundred folders so we created a hidden folder for each scorm
file in the way I defined before.

HIDDEN FOLDER

--------NORMAL FOLDER (content.hidden granted)

-------------------SCORM FILE

-------------------OTHER FILES IF WE WANT

The problem is that scorm files don’t follow the same folder permissions
than the rest of resources, because they are stored in a special path
“access/scorm/content/
” instead the usual “access/content/
”

Then if you give .auth permissions to read hidden files, all .auth users can
see all the other hidden files except the scorms.

Solution is in the attached patch file. As simple as check the permissions
for a scorm file in the “access/content/
” permissions and not in the
inexistent “access/scorm/content/
” permissions

I know it’s a really specific question, but
it has been a nightmare for us
during a pair of days until find this simple and silly solution. So if you
are using icodeon, check this.

Saludos!

 <http://www.samoo.es/> cid:image001.jpg at 01C9F98A.71C74E60

Diego del Blanco Orobitg

Director de Operaciones

 <mailto:diego.delblanco at setival.com> diego.delblanco at samoo.es

Tlf Oficina: 673 803 269

Tlf Móvil - 653 683 489

 <http://www.samoo.es/> www.samoo.es

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/SAMOOeLearning> samooyoutube

De acuerdo con la LSSICE y la LOPD, le comunicamos que sus datos personales
y dirección de correo electrónico forman parte de un fichero automatizado,
cuyo responsable es SETIVAL SCV, siendo la finalidad del fichero el envío de
información de carácter comercial sobre nuestros servicios. Si lo desea
puede ejercer los derechos de oposición, acceso,rectificación y cancelación
de sus datos enviando un mensaje de correo electrónico a
<mailto:setival at setival.com> setival at setival.com indicando en el asunto el
derecho que desea ejercitar. Gracias por su colaboración.