[Building Sakai] sakai bbb 1.0.6 not providing URLs for Meetings access

Jesus Federico jesus at blindsidenetworks.com
Fri May 25 07:09:20 PDT 2012

Hello,

The tool sends notifications only to indicate users that a meeting has been
created. The message is sent to all the users enrolled in the site. And
there is no link in the message.

However, in order to allow other users than the admin or the one who has
created the meeting you need to grant access to that specific meeting in
the add/edit form.

If I understood your situation well, you could have a problem in two
places.

1. The permissions of the tool: In the tool bar go to permissions and set
the corresponding access you want to grant to the users depending of the
role. By default all of them are set up in off. If the role don't have at
least participant enabled, users in that role won't have access to the
meetings.

2. The allowed participants: Go back end edit the meeting. Go to the
section 2. Participants and add as many users you want to have access using
the drop down menu. (Or grant permissions by role). By default only the
creator is allowed to use that meeting as a moderator.

On the other hand, I would suggest you to use the 1.0.7 version. Not only
because the improvements on the user interface or because it takes
advantage of the new features of BBB 0.8, but because few important bugs
have been fixed on the new one.

Regards,

Jesus Federico

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:07 PM, ta rik <tarik.sims at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Sakai-dev team,
>
> I have sakai 2.8.0 and installed  sakai bbb 1.0.6. with the instructions
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/bbb/home
>
> I can create meetings and the users receive the proper notifications, but
> they don't receive a URL to the BBB application in order to access the
> desired meeting.
>
> The  "Meeting List (bbb-tool 1.0.6) " picture on the
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/bbb/home shows a "join
> meeting URL" which brings a user to the proper meeting on bbb on the status
> line!!
>
> But on my system, I don't see this URL and my status looks like: Status:Not
> started
>
> Any ideas on how to get the right URLs (Meeting invitation) to the users??
>
> Kind regards,
> Tarik.

<http://blindsidenetworks.com/>

*Jesus Federico*
Software Engineer, Blindside Networks Inc.

(    +1 (613) 695-0264
*    jesus at blindsidenetworks.com
skype: jesus.federico