[Building Sakai] Neoportal work

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue May 22 06:48:22 PDT 2012

Normally the release team would do the merge after all of the work
is verified complete for any core tools according to the workflow.
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Sakai+Jira+Guidelines

A developer commits all of their work in trunk and a QA (or a developer)
verifies it. Then the the flag on the ticket is set to merge for
2.9.x/2.8.x/etc if applicable. Before the next release is cut, someone on
the release team merges all flagged tickets into the next branch. Some
special cases apply, like if there's conflicts it might be tossed back to
the developer or marked as "Won't Fix" and all features (non-bugs) have to
go through feature approval process and meet criteria [1], otherwise they
have to wait for the next release.

Typically only on indies that have their own teams (samigo, lesson builder)
and contrib projects do their own merging. Most core merges are done by the
release team manually.

[1]
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Maintenance+Branch+Merge+Policy