[Building Sakai] Blog's (wicket version) migration to Clog

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 17 05:55:52 PDT 2012

I've just committed some changes to the admin.jsp so you can call the
blog2 (wicket) import code, which was already there. I used the import
code here, but we didn't have a massive amount of data, so some testing
and feedback would be highly appreciated :)

You'll need to pull the CLOG trunk though ...

Cheers,
Adrian.

On 17/05/2012 13:19, Daniel Merino wrote:
> Thanks a lot, Adrian! We are not really in a hurry with this, so take
> your time. You have much more than an hour. :-)
> Best regards.
>
> Adrian Fish escribió:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> The migration code's built into CLOG. And should be exposed via the CLOG
>> admin tool, although looking at that now it seems that only the Blog Wow
>> and Blogger imports are listed ...
>>
>> I'll have a look into exposing the Wicket Blog import exposed. Give me
>> an hour.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adrian.
>>
>> On 17/05/2012 12:47, Daniel Merino wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everybody.
>>>
>>> I'm starting to test the migration from Sakai 2.7.1 to Sakai 2.9, in
>>> order to have in production Sakai 2.9 the next academic year.
>>>
>>> About this matter, the most worrying issue for me is that we are
>>> currently using the Wicket version's Blog tool (since Sakai 2.5.3!) and
>>> I think that almost nobody is using it. And it seems that has been
>>> deprecated and now the tool to use is Clog.
>>>
>>> My question: are there anywhere scripts to migrate our blog's contents
>>> to Clog?
>>>
>>> I paste here our version's tables names. If you need it, I can provide
>>> you a complete description of the fields if needed.
>>>
>>> BLOG_COMMENT
>>> BLOG_FILE
>>> BLOG_IMAGE
>>> BLOG_LINK